Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Andrea's Birthday Card

I was so inspired by Jen70 on SCS. She runs the Limited Supply Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. LSC134 was Limited Layers, here is a link to the challenge. My LSC134 is a complete CASE of Jen70's card. I can not help it, I was just so inspired by the layout and the Limited Layers! Thanks Jen70!

To the left is Andrea's Birthday Card. I made this card for a Birthday FUNshop. We celebrated Andrea's birthday a week ago Sunday. Lisa hosted the FUNshop in Andrea's honor and invited friends and family to come celebrate. Everyone made this adorable birthday card and then shopped from The Angel Company catalog. Some guests used the opportunity to do easy birthday shopping for Andrea! We had a great time! Do you know a stamping buddy that would love to celebrate her birthday stamping? Contact me and we'll step up a birthday FUNshop in her honor.
For those of you reading that didn't attend Andrea's Birthday FUNshop, don't worry...you will get your chance to make this adorable card. It is just one of many cards featured in my Birthday Card Buffet. I still have spots open on both Monday 10-15 and Tuesday 10-16 email me to sign up!


Well, I was so inspired by the LSC134 example that I couldn't stop there. After Andrea's Birthday FUNshop, I stopped at my friend and downline Becky's house. We were talking and she asked if I wanted to try her Hoppy Everthing set. I can not decide if I like this set or not. Don't get me wrong it is ADORABLE, it is the double line art that throws me off. I needed to play with it to decide. Well being still inspired by LSC134, I made this card. After playing with Hoppy Everything, the verdict is in, I LOVE THEM! Once they are colored the double line is not so noticeable. I don't feel like I am seeing double anymore. It is a definite must for me, after all who can resist those sayings...."sorry, i FROGot" what a hoot!





Here is a list of supplies used in these two Limited Layer cards:
Hoppy Everything
Everyday Events
Ribbon Boarders, yes the wide grosgrain is a STAMP, don't worry you are not the only one that was fooled into believing it is real ribbon.
Lilly Anna Cardstock Collection (FROGot)
Kraft Cardstock
Mimi Ribbon Collection (FROG)
Running Stitches, yes the stitching is a stamp, don't worry everyone thinks I pulled out my sewing machine.
Crop-a-dile
Crystal Lacquer, on the fish bowl, it is hard to see in the photo
Black Gelly Roll Glaze, on the frog's eyes, really gives his eyes some life
Palette Inks in Noir, Burnt Umber and Orangerie (FISH) and Noir, Chartreuse, and Belle Rose (FROG)
Pop It Dots
Paisley Background is Oh, How in VersaMark. Oh, How will not be released again by TAC until 2008

Thanks for stopping by today!
Inky Hugs
Risa


1 comment: