Tuesday, November 29, 2011

CAS-ual Friday Challenge 29 - TAKE TWO!

So, if you read my previous post you know that I was playing around with CAS-ual Friday's Challenge 29. It's a sketch and I was a little off the mark with my last card. Darn circles! Still a cute card though... This one is more true to the sketch. It was a fun card to create! It really pushed my limits. I am not used to so much 'vanilla space'. I have decided that it is very hard for me to use a neutral - white card base. Especially when there is so much of it peeking out. I am lovin' the challenges, they push me to try things that I might not otherwise do!

Ok, enough chit chat...I am racing to beat the washer. I have 'seconds' on my Christmas buffet tonight and a messy house. There is so much to do around here...AND WHO IS GOING TO PUT UP MY CHRISTMAS TREE?!

Supplies used to create this card include:
French Roast, Cherry and Vanilla Card Stock, Grass, Cranberry, and French Roast Ink, Cherry Twinkle Stickers, French Roast Bakers Twine, Cherry Felt, Corner Chomper, Nesties Scallop and Standard Circles Small, Scor-Pal*, Heart Trio Die, Stamps are from Tweet Heart, Swanky Backgrounds, and Polka Dot Patterns. All products from a*muse studio unless noted with *.

P.S. I am done blogging and the washer is still spinning! I WIN! Thanks for popping or hopping by. Yo.

10 comments:

kingstonmama said...

Oh, I love this! Fabluous image and fresh, happy colors. I love the stripe and polka dot patterns and the twine. This is a great take on the sketch. :) Ann Y.

Gayle said...

what a cute card. I love the polka dot grass!

Chris said...

This was on my wish list!! Now I can't wait to order it and play - so bright and cheerful - love all that red. You rock Risa!!!

Debra Hensley said...

I love it! The white space really lets the design and colors pop. Great job!

Christine Pennington said...

hi my friend! you are really selling me on a|s stamps. your cards are always so freakin' cute! i miss you btw.

Marion said...

Very sweet!

Virginia L. said...

Yummy elements all in one!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your fab work!

Jaclyn Miller said...

What a stunner! I love how you've done the sentiment. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Lara said...

Love the green polkadot "grass"!! Very sweet and inspiring!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

After I saw this adorable card on SCS, I had to become a follower. Adorable!