Friday, April 6, 2007

We have a winner!

I won a contest! Each month TAC gives demonstrators five contest catagories and asks for submissions. Well, if you read my previous post you know that I have been sending stuff for awhile now and have had little or no recognition. It was a bummer but I just kept sending. This month I won the 'doodle designs' contest catagory! Here is my photo. The card is Ivory Ultra Smooth stamped with Fanciful Flowers and Artsy Elements using Landscape, Raw Sienna, Bordeaux and French Lilac Palette Pads. I then folded a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 sheet of acetate on center to make a standard card. I tucked the ivory card into the acetate card and bound them at the top with ribbon. The sentiment is from Trust In the Lord. It is stamped on ivory and cut out with the coluzzle nested circle template. I matted the circle and adhered it to the acetate layer with a pop it dot. Lastly I doodled on the acetate with crystal lacquer and sprinkled with prisma glitter. It is hard to see the acetate layer in the photos, but it is a quick and easy effect with lots of WOW power in real life. I am so thrilled about winning a contest! It just goes to show you that persistance pays off! Thanks for looking and celebrating with me! Wanna see some other great TAC contest winners? Click here.

3 comments:

Deborah March said...

It's a stunning, and VERY creative card, I can see why you won! Congratulations!

Carole Bryson said...

Wow wow wow ... what a fabby card ! Congratulations !!! Oh how I wish we could get your beautiful stamps and ink pads in the UK !!!

Happy Blogging ! xxx

Joan said...

this is beautiful!!