Friday, March 25, 2011

TAC's Pot of Gold Challenge

I did it! OK! Fine, we did it! I finished my pot of gold card today with a lot of help from my friend Rhonda. I couldn't have done it without her! See, I am feeling a little under the weather and I can't make decisions alone at the moment. Rhonda really helped me through this one! My card is super CAS style. I used the darker pink and lighter blue cardstock from TAC Cardstock Caboodles Set B. The rain boots are from TAC's Girls Day Out stamp set. I used Nestablities to cut my rectangle and scalloped rectangle pieces. The dots are white cardstock cut with my Marvy 1/2 inch circle punch. The ribbon is Bazzill and the button is a lucky find from one of the Audrey Embellishment Jars. Play along with the Pot of Gold Challenge this weekend if you have some time. Here's what your card must contain to qualify for the challenge:
Stitching - Either stamped or stitched, your choice.
A punched Item - Punch with a Clever Lever, Spellbinders or other punching tool.
Ribbon
A button and/or a bow and/or a brad.
The color GREEN! Use a little or a lot!
and Layers, use more than one layer of cardstock.
Here's a linky, play along! Happy stamping!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet image! Love the matching polka-a-dots! So fun to see what everyone did with the elements!

Unknown said...

The background paper is PERFECT with the boots! Great card!

Chris said...

Wow Risa, this is a masterpiece! Stunning.

Rita Kegg said...

Beautiful card!! I just did a card with the same idea but I put punched white circles on white instead of a colored CS. I live this look too! You did great even sick ...now get better!

Sandy said...

very cute! the polka dots work so well together and the sponged background look so good.

Chelsea said...

Love how u colored it Risa!

Laura Evangeline said...

Great cards! Your blog is adorable!

Laurie Unger said...

Great card - we used the same stamp and the color pink! Lovin the CAS card!

Glittered Paws said...

How cute is this - love this image and the polka dots - well perfect. Great card.

StampingbugKerry said...

Love those red boots. They remind me of a teacher's boots at my school. Love the inking around the image too! Kerry

Juliet A said...

how clever to make your own polka dots! I love it!

Holly said...

LOVE the polka dots ~ and the ribbon/button! SO beautiful!!!

Christine Pennington said...

oh my word--so amazing--love the paper dots!

Alley said...

Beautiful colorful card, nice job

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Great card. Clever to make the polka dot background.

Debra Miller said...

Beautiful coloring and details Risa!