Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cupcake Cuties...Feb Fab...WIN BLOG CANDY!

YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT!! I WON LAST WEEKS BLOG CANDY FROM MISCHELLE! <---YUP! I was shouting! I don't usually have that kind of luck. I can't believe I won. Mischelle is sending me a blog candy prize pack worth at least $50! I can not wait to see what it is! I will share a photo when it arrives! Do you want a blog candy prize pack worth at least $50? Well, then PLAY ALONG! Yesterday Mabelle, the artist that drew these CUTIE images, was guest designer on the Savvy Projects blog. The challenge is to use the featured stamp set OR sketch from one of the featured cards to make your own card creation. Then blog it or post it on the TAC Paper Crafting Community and link to Savvy Projects. Play all week and get one entry into the blog candy for each time you post! At the end of EVERY WEEK in February Mischelle will give away blog candy worth over $50! Cool HUH? So come on and play! Why is it so hard to convince you!? If you decide to play, leave a comment! GO GET STAMPING!

I have three cards to share today, two in this post and one in the next post. These are cute little window cards I made months ago at a weekend crop. I hadn't blogged them and the work perfect with the promotions going on at TAC now. Mischelle also posted a window card tutorial on the Savvy Projects blog, so the time to share these is NOW.

You can see the outside shot and then the inside shot for each card. Man, these were hard to photograph. I hope that the pictures give you a good idea what the cards look like. My window cards are slightly different then Mischelle's. I hope our posts get your creative juices flowing!

These cards feature stamps from Cupcake Cuties, Sophisticated Sentiments, and Awesome Blossom. I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp Cupcake Cuties and Sophisticated Sentiments and VersaMarked Awesome Blossom on the front. The cardstock is from my stash, I think it was ColorBok and the paper is TAC's Tutti Frutti. I used both Nestibilities and my Colluzzle to make the windows...I know I said Colluzzle! Welcome back 1999. Anyone else wish it was easier to get replacement parts for Colluzzle? I still LOVE it and can't live without it! BUT I DIVERGE...

My images are colored with Copic Markers and the flame of the candles are glittered. It doesn't really show the glitter in the photo, but it is a little detail that really looks great in real life.

I really love Cupcake Cuties! It's a great birthday set with character like nothing else I have seen in the stamping world...let's just face it, Mabelle does cute like no one else! During the YOU make February Fabulous Promotion you can get Cupcake Cuties for 25% off!

There are bunches of other stamp sets on sale this month too! Check out the details in this post here. Want to take advantage of the sale? Just shoot me an email.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats to you Risa!! :) These are both wonderful - love your shading (perfectly done!) and the style of your cards.

Avis Anderson said...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

AmethystCat said...

Congrats, Risa!!! How awesome! And, what super cute cards - love the cut-outs and your coloring is great!! love the versamark front too!

Chelsea said...

Cute cute cards!

Maria said...

I love the bright color that you used, and the window. Perfect!